Common Current Matters is important if a person really want to be in the list of successful applicants. This post provides tremendous weightage in the GS and a good planning of GS can definitely take you to the door of success. With the examination nearing the applicants are recommended to go through the following exercise set to think about up their planning.
1. This Sikkim high court Chief facing impeachment on charges of corruption and judicial misconduct resigned on 29 July 2011. Identify him.
a. Justice PD Dinakaran
b. Justice V Ramaswamy
c. Justice Soumitra Sen
d. Justice P C Joshi
2. US credit rating was downgraded to__ from AAA by Standard & Poor’s.
3. Which Indian state on 11 August 2011 flagged off the first-ever consignment of certified organic food to be exported to the United States?
a. Andhra Pradesh
b. Tamil Nadu
d. Arunachal Pradesh
4. Tory Tan won the presidential election in Singapore to become the country’s___ President.
5. The European Union on 2 September 2011 announced a ban on oil imports from Syria. The European Union is an economic and political union of __member states.
6. Leila Lopes became the first woman from her country to be crowned Miss Universe on 12 September 2011 in Sau Paulo, Brazil. Which country does she belong to?
7. Which one of the following nations declared the Indian Mujahideen terror group as a global terrorist organization?
8. Wangari Maathai an environmentalist & first African woman to win a Nobel Peace Prize died on 25 September 2011 in Nairobi. Which African country did she belong to?
d. South Africa
9. World Tourism Day (WTD) is observed anually on 27 September. What was the theme for WTD 2011?
a. Tourism – Linking Cultures
b. Tourism & Biodiversity
c. Tourism opens doors for women
d. Sport and tourism
10. IBSA summit concluded in Pretoria, South Africa. What is the full form of IBSA?
a) India Brazil South America
b) India Brazil South Africa
c) India Brazil Saudi Arabia
d) India Bangladesh South Africa
11. Who won the 2011 man Booker Prize for his short novel The Sense of an Ending?
a. Carol Birch
b. Patrick deWitt
c. Julian Barnes
d. AD Miller
12. Name the Irish poet and human rights activist who was named Ireland’s ninth president on 30 October 2011 after winning 57% of votes in the final count of the presidential election held on 27 October 2011.
a. Michael D Higgins
b. Mary McAleese
c. Douglas Hyde
d. Mary Robinson
13. IAEA Report stated that Iran carried out Nuclear Weapons-Related Activities. Where the report was released?
a) New Delhi
b) New York
14. Recently, which one of the following nations was suspended by the Arab league?
c) Saudi Arabia
15. The Arab League on 27 November 2011 imposed a set of sanctions against Syria for its failure to comply with the League mediated peace plan to end violence in the country. When was Arab league set up?
a) 22 March 1945
b) 21 august 1945
c) 22 March 1946
d) 22 September 1950
16. Memogate scandal is related to which one of the following countries?
b) Sri Lanka
17. India and Pakistan on 25 January 2012 agreed to transit fee formula for Tapi gas pipeline project in New Delhi. Tasi gas pipeline project comprises
a) India, Pakistan and Tajikistan
b) India, Pakistan and Russia
c) India, Pakistan and Iran
d) India, Pakistan and Afghanistan
18. A massive avalanche claimed the life of more than hundred Pakistani soldiers on 9 April 2012. The incident occurred at which of the following places?
a. Eastern Karakoram mountain range
b. Southern Karakoram mountain range
c. Northern Karakoram mountain range
d. Southern Karakoram mountain range
19. Who did the World Bank appoint as its new president on 16 April 2012?
a. Jim Yong Kim
b. Robert Zoellick
c. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala
d. Lumen Darcy
20. Amadou Toumani Toure, who was ousted from his position following a military coup, was the president of _ _ _ _ _ _