If you are serving your own nation it is really a good thing to those who are able to accomplish it. Serving Your Nation without any selfishness is really a great job to do.. Being a part of any force eg : Armed force, Navy, Air force make your parents proud .. This job is the one of the most honourble jobs because this job gives you respect and discipline ..
No matter in which armed force you are weather it is Air force Or Navy . The main thing is this that you have to go through for these armed forces only by Services Selection Board (SSB). In SSB You Have to qualify an Interview to secure your position as an India Armed Force Officer.
You can participate many time to crack SSB Interview.. This Interview is a 5 day period Interview, In this interview Officers use to focus on your personality and the Intelligence, This interview is a 5 day interview because officer want to analyze your merits and demerits briefly.. specially your intelligence
The various tests conducted during the five days are comprehensive and consist of:
- Day 1: Intelligence Test (Verbal and Non-Verbal), Picture Perception Test
- Day 2: Psychology Tests such as Thematic Appreciation Test, Word Association Test, Situation Reaction Test and Self Description Test.
- Day 3 and Day 4: Group Testing Officers (GTO) Tests such as Group Discussion, Group Planning exercise, Progressive Group Tasks, Group Obstacles, Command Task, Lecturette topics and Final Group Task and also the personal interview.
- Day 5: Final meeting with the Assessors.
The Main Reason Of SSB Interview
There are numerous reasons as to why this SSB interview is of crucial importance in selecting the appropriate officers for the Armed Forces. But the primary goal is to look for candidates having Officer Like Qualities (OLQ’s).
The intention of the SSB interview is to scientifically analyze the psychological potential and outlook of the candidate. To prepare for SSB interview and crack it successfully, candidates must focus on developing the leadership qualities such as:
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility of a situation.
- Take initiatives and execute them effectively.
- The potential to make appropriate and efficient decisions under tremendous amounts of stress.
- The level of expertise in sound reasoning and organizing.
- The proficiency and command over the language and being able to communicate effectively and fluently.
- Some key leadership traits such as extent of determination, self-reliance, willingness to be the leader and set the tone/example for the rest of the group and courage.
- Most importantly above all this is the possession of feeling of compassion and loyalty towards India.
Some Tips To Qualify the SSB Interview
- The various tests conducted over the 5 day period require only average intelligence. In order to be able to successfully crack the interview, there are certain specific traits to be developed. They are:
- The interview officers gauge the candidate’s natural response to situations and events. Therefore, it is essential to remain true to one’s personality and not try to duplicate others.
- The candidates are under scrutiny not only while taking the various psychological tests, but throughout their 5 day stay in the headquarters. The candidates will thus have to be aware of this observation and conduct themselves judiciously and prudently.
- It is always important to perform well in the numerous psychological tests that are designed to determine the most apt candidate for the positions. It is beneficial to showcase the positives and avoid writing negative aspects while taking the test.
- It also helps to a certain limit to undergo professional coaching before attempting to take the SSB interview.
- The SSB interview officers also look for the candidate’s potential to grasp and adapt to new situations quickly. Therefore the candidates should look to develop these habits and be able to become compatible and accustomed to unfamiliar events within a quick span of time.
- The candidates should augment their abilities of being able to think and judge reasonably, remaining assertive and convince people about their ideologies and approaches to solve problems and be logical and analytical in their ways to tackle issues.
- The candidates code of conduct, etiquette and manners are all crucial to turn the interview in favor of them. Make sure that you are neatly dressed and look presentable at all times. Avoid cliché mannerisms and be cheerful.
The SSBs in a nut-shell seek to bring about an outline of the personality profile of the aspirant through the various tasks and depict his true character and thought process. It lies in the ability to develop unique Officer Like Qualities (OLQ’s) that will attract the attention of all assessing officers and enable the candidate to easily clear the SSB interview.